Dugway Proving Ground, UT Housing and Relocation Information

    Housing Information 
    All active service members assigned to Dugway Proving Ground are required to live on-post. Basic Allowance For Housing (BAH) can help with living expenses for your on-post housing. DoD Civilians may also acquire on-post housing if the space if available.

    • Once you have orders to move, contact the Housing Office at 435-831-2116  / 435-831-2929 (after hours).

    Dugway Proving Ground On Post Housing  

    • Single and Unaccompanied Soldiers can contact Unaccompanied Personnel Housing (435) 831-3542.

    • On-post housing for Dugway PG is privatized and managed by Army Family Housing (435) 831-3541, which offers 3-6 bedroom single family and duplex style homes.

    Dugway Proving Ground, UT Off Post Housing

    Search our database for available rentals and homes for sale in the area.

    Buy A House

    Not sure where you are going? Click here for other installations

    Surrounding Areas
    Dugway is located in northwestern Utah and is well-removed from other cities due to its chemical and biological weapons storage and testing. Salt Lake City is about 1 hour 20 minutes east of the post. Communities that offer housing closer to Dugway are Grantsville and Tooele, still about 50-60 minutes away. Other nearby cities are Fairfield and Lehi.

    About the Installation
    Dugway Proving Ground is testing ground for chemical weapon defense systems as well as biological weapon systems in a secure and contained environment. Dugway Proving Ground was first established in 1942 and is located near Salt Lake City, Utah. The "dugway" is a large trench between mountain ranges that serves as an ideal testing facility.  For more information click here.